Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) -
Well that was quick. After three weeks of the NFL season, we already have our first kicking change.
Nate Freese is out for the Detroit Lions, after going 3-for-7 on field goal attempts, and 0-for-4 on kicks longer than 40 yards. Former Philadelphia Eagle Alex Henery takes Freese's spot in Detroit, but is not a recommended fantasy play, as his field goal percentage has dropped each year he has been in the league (2011 - 88.9 percent, 2012 - 87.1 percent, 2013 - 82.1 percent).
Speaking of the Eagles, Philadelphia's place kicker Cody Parkey takes down our top spot, heading into Week 4. Parkey has been a pleasant surprise for the Eagles, going 8-for-9 in field goal attempts, including two 51-yarders. He leads all standard leagues with 38 total points.
One of our biggest risers of the week hails from the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shaun Suisham has yet to miss this season (8-for-8), and with Pittsburgh's Week 4 opponent, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers letting up an average of 11.00 points per game (standard leagues) to kickers, Suisham makes for a solid fantasy play.
A guy owners may want to start thinking about staying away from was a preseason favorite - Mason Crosby, Crosby has failed to impress this year, especially on the road. He has five combined fantasy points in two road contests, and with Green Bay heading to Chicago to take on the Bears, owners should be aware that we have dropped Crosby to No. 12 in our weekly rankings.
The consistent Stephen Gostkowski remains in our top-two, which should not surprise anyone.
One surprise, however, could be the emergence of Dan Bailey. Not only is he tied for second in standard fantasy leagues with 35 points, Bailey also has a juicy matchup against the New Orleans Saints, who on average are giving up the second most amount of points to kickers, at 13 points per game. Bailey's jump from the No. 20 spot in Week 3 to a top-three spot in Week 4, is certainly warranted.
Top-25 Kicker Rankings
1) Cody Parker, Philadelphia Eagles
2) Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots
3) Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys
4) Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis Colts
5) Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons
6) Shaun Suisham, Pittsburgh Steelers
7) Graham Gano, Carolina Panthers
8) Nick Folk, New York Jets
9) Dan Carpenter, Buffalo Bills
10) Nick Novak, San Diego Chargers
11) Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
12) Mason Crosby, Green Bay Packers
13) Caleb Sturgis, Miami Dolphins
14) Robbie Gould, Chicago Bears
15) Kai Forbath, Washington Redskins
16) Blair Walsh, Minnesota Vikings
17) Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland Raiders
18) Josh Brown, New York Giants
19) Phil Dawson, San Francisco 49ers
20) Josh Scobee, Jacksonville Jaguars
21) Shayne Graham, New Orleans Saints
22) Randy Bullock, Houston Texans
23) Ryan Succop, Tennessee Titans
24) Alex Henery, Detroit Lions
25) Cairo Santos, Kansas City Chiefs