Wells finishes initial round of interviews in Miami
New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - NFL special investigator Ted Wells said he has concluded his initial round of interviews with members of the Miami Dolphins regarding the club's workplace conduct in the wake of the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin incident.
Wells released a statement late Saturday night, thanking the Dolphins for their cooperation.
"We have concluded our initial round of interviews with the Miami Dolphins and spent time with every player and coach, as well as key staff members and management," said Wells in a statement. "Our work will continue over the next few weeks. I want to thank (owner) Stephen Ross, the Dolphins organization and its players, coaches and staff for their complete cooperation throughout this process."
Martin left the team on Oct. 28, just days before the team's Thursday night win over Cincinnati. Reports of harassment and bullying soon surfaced.
Wells met with Martin last week in New York and the Dolphins offensive lineman refused to divulge the nature of their discussion.
Incognito was suspended indefinitely by the Dolphins on Nov. 3 and has since filed a grievance. His scheduled grievance hearing this week was postponed and he also met with Wells.
11/24 11:20:19 ET